Subspecialty and International Society meetings are scientific sessions that take place on the Wednesday before the EADV Congresses. The sessions are completely developed and managed by the individual societies after approval from the EADV Scientific Programming Committee.
INFORMATION FOR CONGRESS DELEGATES: Attending subspecialty/international society meetings is open to all registered congress delegates. For those who wish to attend just for the day of the subspecialty/international society meetings, there is a special registration for this.
INFORMATION FOR SUBSPECIALTY/INTERNATIONAL SOCIETIES SOCIETIES: The Subspecialty Society and International Society Programme is now completely booked for the 26th EADV Congress in Geneva, Switzerland. There is no more space available.
Subspecialty/International Society Programme Rules
Subspecialty Society (SS) and International Societies (IS) may organise a meeting at the EADV Congress so long as the meeting is a scientific programme completely organised by the societies pertaining to their area of focus.
The meeting must be a scientific session. SS and IS meetings will be scheduled on the Wednesday before the EADV Congress, comprising morning and afternoon slots for up to four hours. No SS or IS meetings will take place during the spring symposia. Priority will be given to European SSs, and slots will be arranged on the basis of past events and on a first-come, first-served basis. If not all slots are taken by European SSs at a specified time, ISs (e.g. China, India, Iran) will be allocated slots on the Wednesday. No European national societies or patient associations will be given slots during these scheduled times. In exceptional cases, the national society of the hosting country may be considered and given a slot. The finalised scientific programme is approved by a representative of the SPC.
Slots are limited and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. No SS or IS meetings can be scheduled during the main scientific programme of the Congress. If a SS or IS would like to request a meeting for a first time, they should make a request to the SPC for acceptance or refusal (email@example.com).
Board meetings, AGMs and mini-congresses are prohibited during the SS or IS meetings; instead, they must take place outside of the EADV Congress venue and outside of the Congress hours. EADV requests that the SS or IS inform the EADV of the time and location of their AGM. It is strictly prohibited to make any advertisement or publicity, online or offline, that in any way references the EADV or EADV Congress to promote, notify or advertise the board meeting/AGM/mini-congresses, etc. The EADV may take legal action against any offending organisation and reserves the right to file a lawsuit as deemed appropriate.
SSs and ISs cannot accept grants, unrestricted or otherwise, for the purpose of this meeting. Societies cannot post, display, distribute or hand out in any way information or publicity promoting a pharmaceutical company or other sponsor. Further, no industry involvement is permitted at all (including sponsorship of catering, programmes, advertisements etc.). The EADV reserves the right to inspect all aspects of the programmes and observe meetings to ensure the rules are followed.
All societies will be offered the complimentary use of a lecture hall and basic audio visual support: screen, LCD projector and a lectern with microphone. Other resources may be available but not guaranteed: a table for 4 persons and 2 microphones. The EADV is not responsible for any issues or problems that may arise with facilities, logistics or technological resources.
The Subspecialty/International Society must adhere to the following conditions:
• The scientific content must be submitted to the SPC 5 months prior to the Congress. In cases of duplication and pre-emption, the SPC may ask the society to review the content.
• Meetings will be scheduled for a maximum of 4 hours.
• Participants to these meetings will be required to pay the daily registration fee if they are not already registered for the event.
• The session title and full programme, including speakers and topics, will be mentioned in the final programme provided updates have been made before a given deadline (after which it will be too late for inclusion).
• Abstracts will be included on the official Abstract USB Pen provided that they are received before the given deadline (after which it will be too late for inclusion).
• No society may take payments from attending members before, during or after the session. The exchange of money is strictly prohibited.
• Societies may not accept grants, unrestricted or otherwise, for the purpose of this meeting. Societies cannot post, display, distribute or hand out in any way information or publicity promoting a pharmaceutical company or other sponsor. Further, no other form of industry involvement is permitted (including sponsorship of catering, programmes, advertisements etc.). The EADV reserves the right to inspect all aspects of the programmes and observe meetings to ensure the rules are followed. Societies receiving grants or sponsorship from industry for their meeting should consult with the EADV Exhibition Department (firstname.lastname@example.org) for options including setting up a Satellite Symposium.
• Subspecialty/International Societies will be invited and/or accepted at the discretion of the SPC and the EADV, and their presence at previous events may be used as a guide. They will be accommodated on a first-come, first-served basis, bearing in mind their impact on the final programme.
EADV prohibits any activity outside of the meeting room/hall. This includes but is not restricted to:
• Handing out flyers
• Setting up or using tables to distribute information outside the room
• Sign-in/sign-up/data retrieval/
• Signage (posted or on easels)
EADV prohibits any recognition of industry/sponsoring entities and prohibits the dissemination of any company, industry or sponsor names, logos, etc. in the following:
• Presentation slides
• Printed materials (includes posters, flyers, roll ups, table tents, etc.)
• Gadgets, giveaways, product samples or “swag”
• Flyers promoting satellite symposium
• Flyers promoting any industry-sponsored event
The EADV is authorized to confiscate, prevent or remove any advertising means or materials which are in violation to the aforementioned stipulations, without the aid of legal instruments, prior warning and no responsibility for eventual damages. Any resulting cost becomes the responsibility of the exhibitor and/or presenting agency.
Violation of these rules will be resolved by immediate action onsite and/or future exclusion in the subspecialty/international society programme.
The following activities are allowed inside the meeting room/hall:
• Distribution of information about the society (providing there is no dissemination of a company name, sponsor, product or logo)
• Sign-in/data collection (as long as it is voluntary for the delegates- nobody can be refused access to the meeting if they fail to provide their information)
• The organisation of CME credits is allowed if it is arranged solely by the SS or IS; EADV will not assist in any way the arrangements nor the promotion of these CME credits.
Please note that catering is not permitted for the EADV Congress in Geneva 2017
The EADV reserves the right to alter or amend these rules as it deems necessary.